Why?
Why do I always feel like I need to prove myself - to prove myself worthy of another's attention, care or consideration?
It wasn't until this morning when I spoke to my aunt over the phone (in Singapore, for 30mins OMG phone bill) that she mentioned I have put me in the backseat in favor of living up to other people's expectations and needs. Then I proceeded to spend the rest of my morning reflecting on what she said and trying to find instances when what she said wasn't true. Not many.
But yet, I still doubt myself. Feeling like I come across too possessive, too self-righteous, too arrogant.
I know that I owe it to myself to live life the way I want to. At the same time, I wouldn't want to do it at the expense of others.
Thinking about this is giving me a headache.
I need a shrink. Or just a really good friend.
1:12 PM